Saturday, January 19, 2008

Out of 365 days, the best day in year 2007 was...

Those who SOMEWHAT know me would most likely describe me as:

  • Ambitious
  • Determined
  • Relentless
  • Imaginative
  • Aggressive
  • Notable

It would seem that the Name Analyzer on FB is precise. Yet despite this accurate description, this list is more so an indication of who I am as a "professional", not as a person; there is more than meets the eye.

Those who know me WELL know my schedule and whereabouts. I have a simple and predictable routine e.g., Work, Library, Volunteering. Pro bono you say? That's right! Volunteering is an activity that has kept me quite busy. What began in Jan. 2007 as a commitment of four hours a week is now a part-time job.

Typically, I volunteer with my peeps from Church. However on Dec. 26 of '07, a precedent was set. Three of my closest friends and a stranger arrived at Evangel Hall Mission at 5am to join me and cook a breakfast for the overnight guest. Thank God they came and helped out because, without them, I would have been fucked! The meal included 3 dozen eggs, 19 packs of bacon, 2 packs of sausages, 4 litres of oatmeal, plus cereal, muffins, juice, milk, and other assortments.

Admittedly, I mistakenly ordered way-too-much food and foolishly believed that I could solely prepare and cook all that food. However that situation never arose. As soon as my friends caught wind of my intentions, they immediately signed up. I never had to ask them for help - they knew it was too intense for one person to manage. One could say that they came to my rescue ... Hahaha and that is what friends are all about.

Friends are those who watch your 6 and instinctively protect you, because they always care for you whether you make the right or wrong choices in life. I am fortunate to have such people as friends - Dave, Huu, and Han - for they're a true reflection of who I am, rather than, instead of some Name Analyzer or mere words. After all, We are the company that we keep.

It is unfortunate that my parents did not give me a name that contains the letter G, i.e., George. If so, then the Name Analyzer would have deciphered the letter G and chosen Grateful - the word that BEST describes me.

As a tradition to our fighting camera-pose ... ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!